Connect with the Community
- Luscher Farm: Straw Bale Gardening
- Luscher Farm: City of Lake Oswego's How To Start A Farm Park
- Oregon Tilth: Organic Conservation Support for the USDA-NRCS program
- Mike Benzinger: Biodynamics® at Benziger Family Winery
- Dave Henson: Organic Agriculture as a Strategic Tool for Global Change
- Darrie Ganzhorn: Homeless Garden Project
- Angela Lindvall: Topanga Coop Plan
- Wendy Baroli: Small Farms/Big Ag......a different paradigm
My First Go-To Source
- Real Food Campaign: Learn about your soil and how to make it healthier.
Support for Your Own Garden
- Growing for your zone
- Contact your local state cooperative extension Web site to get help with tricky insect problems, soils testing, best varieties to plant in your area, or general maintenance of your garden.
- Directory of Seed Suppliers, National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service.
Find Your Local Sources for Organic Veggies
- Find your local farmer
- Local Harvest nationwide directory of CSAs and other local food sources.
- Locavores resources for eating locally.
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service includes a listing of farmers’ markets across the US.
Sustainable/Local Sources for Meat, Poultry, Dairy, Eggs, Fish
- Directory of sustainably-raised meat, pultry, dairy, eggs.
- List local suppliers for grass-fed meat and dairy products.
- Seafood Watch how to buy seafood from sustainable sources.
- Seafood Choices Alliance make the seafood marketplace environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.
Want to Learn More About Farming, Become a Farmer?
- Mobius Fields listing of current Ag & ag-related jobs avaliable in the Northeast, and a bit beyond...
- The Greenhorns Mission: To recruite, promote and support young farmers of America
- Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture David & Peggy Rockfellers’ educational farming hub: Food and Agriculture -the cultural backbone of America
- Beginning Farmers Projects across America
- Beginning Farmers Project in the NE
- Johnny’s Selected Seed
- Seed Saver’s Exchange
- Park Seed Company
- Territorial Seed Company
- Harris Seeds
- Jung Seeds & Plants
- R.H. Shumway’s
- Tomato Growers
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds
- Gurney’s Seed & Nursery
- Comstock Heirloom Seeds
- Native seed/SEARCH